5 pieces of calming advice for brides
Lots of things have been canceled lately in our lives. Many of our plans, projects, routines, and deadlines have had to be pushed forward. This causes stress, fear, and anxiety. But amid everyone’s schedules changing (or in some cases, not even existing…), and your future feeling uncertain, perhaps it is best to take this time to focus on what you can control.
Your dreams are not canceled. Your vision of hope for your future, love and family lives on. By focusing your energy on things you CAN do, you can remain calm and become a calming presence that can help everyone around you (even if it’s over the phone) get through this time of ambiguity.
Sometimes the best thing you can do for your family and loved ones is to focus on small, meaningful actions.
5 Things you can do right now to help you relax and still plan the wedding of your dreams
- Establish a routine: go on a walk if you can, (practice social distancing, of course), engage in conversation, FaceTime or ZOOM your other relatives, or even make a meal together (virtually with friends or those you are living with). It’s 9:30am, maybe you should get dressed…You can even have a dance party, reading party, music party. Create connections, share and love in different ways.
- Create a vision board: A vision board is a wonderful tool for your life and for your wedding. A vision board can help you to get your hearts desires from your heart and your head onto something you can touch, or it can be done digitally. It’s a really wonderful tool to bring order and a sense of control to chaos. It can help you to shift your visions, points of view and to focus on what really matters to you. NEED HELP getting started? https://blog.mindvalley.com/vision-board/
- Find a DEEPER meaning: Check out The Old Farmer’s Almanac as a resource for flower meanings. https://www.almanac.com/content/flower-meanings-language-flowers Colors can also have meanings as well and can add even deeper meaning to your flower choice and color choices. https://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/meaning-of-colors.html
- Do YOU for a change: 2020 is a great time to be adaptable, flexible, and creative, try things you have never tried before and do things that are more you. Don’t be like everyone else. Look for and do things in your life you that you have always wanted to try. For your wedding doing new and different things makes your wedding feel even more special and unique and one of a kind so focusing on how you can be different can make your wedding more special to you and your guests. Plant organic flowers, or medicinal herbs, give them as gifts. Hand paint thank you cards with a poem. Find a dance instructor to teach your friends to tango.
- Virtual Tours: You can still go venue shopping: Imagine your perfect wedding in two sizes Big and small and contact venues and ask them do you have the option for both and when do you have to decide the size of your wedding. And see if they have a virtual walk through to share or images showing their amenities or what is special about the place. Ask if they are still booking or if they can take a tentative deposit for your date.