One of the happiest brides in the world shares tips for being happy on your wedding day
Two Maryland professional photographers madly in love in Maryland share a tip too
For some reason this year we seem to have attracted the happiest brides in the world not sure how that happened but I know when we are lucky and I definitely recognize it.
Becca a Southern Maryland bride, is a very happy person in general.
She is just a joy to be around most days. But the day of her wedding she was just a joy too no wedding jitters. Just happy and full of smiles all day.
After seeing this image of her I was so taken by her joy it made me want to find out what her secret was so we could share it with you.
So here you go engaged couples our first real bride wedding tips and secrets.
real bride wedding tips
This is actually a memory she shared with us and we added the tip but we are going to share it as tip number one because we think it helps set the stage for being a happy bride.
1. If you can, think about what your overall experience will be like when you choose a venue.
Our Venue Woodlawn Farm not only was beautiful but they had accommodations right on the property so we all stayed on the property.
We loved getting to spend the night with everyone the night before we had so much fun and I lived getting to wake up with my girls the day of.
Enjoying the moments…photographers tip inserted here: Becca’s day and everyone else’s day started out nicer and was a much easier experience for her and everyone else because she did not need to go anywhere or travel at the the day of the wedding. Here hair and makeup artists all came to the site.
When couples are able to do this it helps to make the day a little easier no worrying about traveling from place to place. Getting to spend extra time with friends and family by getting an extra evening and extending their wedding weekend to include the weekend was definitely a bonus!
Woodlawn Farm is a picturesque a quiet location in Southern Maryland. It has a sweeping with a water view.
A long winding road greets you as you arrive followed by beautiful open fields and then when you arrive there are flowers that are graced by butterflies.
When you arrive it feels like you are transported somewhere else almost like a destination wedding.
It is difficult really, not to feel relaxed here. The ceremony site has the most beautiful sweeping mulberry tree that is incredibly beautiful and romantic.
I could be partial but Southern Maryland has some of the prettiest places on earth to start your life as husband and wife. To be continued…but you get the idea.
OK that’s our tip (wish I could insert an emoji here)
Here are Becca’s tips
- Choose vendors who make you feel like family. Our caterers and photographers immediately welcomed us like they were welcoming us into their home. They made us feel so comfortable like we had known them for years. They are the most amazing people. We were not just another wedding to them and it showed in every interaction. Our DJ was actually a good friend.
- Don’t sweat the little things. I wanted my bride maids to pick their dress and shoes so they could find things they would enjoy and felt the most comfortable in. Have fun with your decorations and do something that is you but but don’t over do it. Venues themselves are beautiful if you look for one that is you and it really is about the people at your wedding and your memory not what you put on your tables and chairs.
- Let your family help you. They have waited for this day forever too and having them there with me. My family made it an absolute breeze and they helped me every step of the way. If you are not super close with your family now is the time to include them in small ways that make them feel special. It’s amazing what making a memory together can do sometimes.
- Take a moment at your reception and step back with your husband and look around. See all the people that love you the most that are here to celebrate you.
- Try to be present the day of your wedding and enjoy every minute of your wedding day. It is true what they say that it really does go by so quickly.
Some favorite wedding memories?
My mom saving the day with with her hsoathome getting most of the orange spot off my dress just before walking down the aisle.
My dad and I practicing walking down the aisle the night before at the rehearsal and instead of walking we ran.
My sister and I fell asleep the night before holding hands.
My little nieces and nephew in their Chuck Taylors!
And oh, I almost forgot our photographers and DJ came out on the dance floor with us once! Absolutely the best!
Wedding venue Woodlawn Farm http://www.woodlawn-farm.com/ 301 872 0555
Wedding Photography and video www.jaxphotography.com 410 257 7360 dc md va elope
Jax Photography was fun and made us all feel so beautiful
Caterer Mikes Bar bbq and catering http://www.mikesbbqcatering.com/ 240 925 0342
The wedding dress Bridal by Elena http://www.bridalsbyelena.com/
DJ Kieth Hicks
Wedding flowers Weavers cut flowers
makeup Rachel Winafield 443 624 2946